Fanya Harper RIP - Poem for Fannie
"A Poem for Fannie"
Producer David Edmond
A simple ceremony was held at Islington Crematorium on 16th January 2008, attended among many other friends by George Eugeniou and other members of the Theatro Technis company, to commemorate and celebrate the life of Fanya Harper who died on 8th November.
This video item shows:
* George Eugeniou en-route to the event speaking candidly and fondly about his good friend Fannie and the people whom we would meet at the Islington Crematorium for a half hour ceremony at 9.30am.
* The entirety of the crematorium event for Fanya Harper (nee Ezerska), led beautifully and lovingly by Peter Jones of the British Humanist Association, featured selected musical inteludes with spoken contributions by friends Valerie Dunn, Alex Krokidas and Keith Matthews.
* Comments outside the Crematorium after the ceremony had finished
* George Eugeniou speaks about the difficulties of life as experienced by many artists such as Fanya, and speaks at some length about the life and death of another friend of-old, Cypriot singer Don Aristo.
* Return to Theatro Technis, greeting Maroulla Eugeniou and a video viewing of "Fanya's Family and Babies" - the paintings which have for some years been exhibited at Theatro Technis.
* Evening Commemorative Gathering hosted by George and Maroulla Eugeniou at Theatro Technis, to honour the memory and celebrate the life of Fanya Harper (nee Ezerska). Friends tell each other their various stories about Fanya, show photographs and read some Faniericks (poetry written by Fanya). George relates the story of her generosity in presenting him with a strong financial incentive as well as her insistence that he must publish his own book of plays, 'The Good Trilogy', and the book of poems which are now available as 'Cassandra's Choice' -- both first editions published as part of the celebration of Theatro Technis' 50th Anniversary year of celebrations during 2007.
George and Maroulla Eugeniou, Sylvia, Alex, Nicola, Theo, Valery, (Nina & Yelena in their absence), Lesley, Elena, (Name to be added) Camden Law Centre - (Name to be added), Isabelle, Sumer Erek, Sylvia Goldstein, Mandy Eugeniou, (and David on camera).
"... we all thank you Fanya for our bit part on your stage in that theatre of the absurd which life so often is for the artist, partaking in the paradox of your own Candide's adventures"
George Eugeniou, David Edmond Efthyvoulou